Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hell Week

Well, I know most people have a hard time sticking to their diets during the Christmas holidays, but around our house, it's St. Patrick's Day. The Irish-American holiday also happens to be Tim's birthday and I've found that, while cooking for children complicates matters, going to friends' parties and preparing a birthday meal and birthday pies also adds a new factor.

Friday night, at a celebration for a friend's birthday, I split my meal with a friend who is also food conscious. We were eating at Jolly Bob's and, if you know Jolly Bob's, it's fairly easy to stick to rice and a protein, but the vegetables are hard to come by. Fran and I split the Avo-Cat, a catfish dish with rice. Delicious! But I also had a few drinks, which I think cancelled out my smart food choice.

On Saturday, it was the annual holiday bash at one of my best friends' house. I do a lot of the cooking, which is always corned beef and cabbage, beef tenderloin, baked steak fries with cheese and huge fruit and veggie platters. I didn't eat too much, but it seems that I must have because my weight went up a pound!

I'm frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment