Monday, March 9, 2009

It's a new week!

What a great weekend!

First, I had a terrific workout with my nutritionist, Tracie, on Saturday morning. I'm still sore. I was horrified to find that I had a really hard time doing the machine-assisted pull ups (no upper body strength), but was thrilled to actually job for several minutes at a time in my fast-slow interval training. I loved it! I had forgotten that I really like being at the gym. Not going to the gym, but being there. There's something horrible about knowing you have to go there and dreading or avoiding the leaving to get there. But once you are there, you always love being there, right?

I also did a great job on my food.

And although I didn't work out yesterday, I had a great time groaning every time I had to use any of my stomach muscles. I forgot how much I like a good muscle-ache from working out. Not to state the obvious or anything, but I really do have to work out to lose weight.

Last night I made lean pork chops with roasted beets. YUM! The beets were phenomenal. Here's what I did. I scrubbed the skin a bit and cut off the greens (left a little stem) and the tap root. I set them in some parchment paper (a pretty good sized rectangle) then drizzled a little butter on them and salted and peppered them pretty good. I brought two opposite sides together and then rolled it down like a paper sack, then tucked the two open ends underneath to make a nice, neat package. I roasted them at 400 degrees for about 40-45 minutes. They were still firm, super moist and really yummy. Tim was amazed.

Here is my menu for the week (I just spent $200 at the grocery store--3 kids are expensive).

Breakfast all week: Fruit and eggs or fruit and organic cottage cheese.
Snack all week: piece of cheese and fruit or gelatin and whipped cream
Lunch all week: either potato soup, peel and eat shrimp and salad or turkey breast and vegetable.
Snack all week: pea pods and hummus or piece of cheese and fruit.
Dinners (here we go!)
Monday: Chicken thighs with olives and red peppers with rice.
Tuesday: Pizza for everyone but me -- I'll be having turkey and vegetables.
Wednesday: Shrimp scampi and spinach.
Thursday: Venison and beets with sweet potatoes.
Friday: Chicken breasts on the grill
Saturday: Party -- beef tenderloin and vegetables.
Sunday: up in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment