Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring blahs

Well, staying off the scale is going to be key for a while here until the weight really starts dropping. I hopped on on Monday, and it looked like I went up about 1-2 pounds! Argh.

Here's the positive side. I have finally stablized my appetite, meaning I'm rarely craving things I shouldn't have (Girl Scout cookies excepted, see below). I also am feeling fairly good.

I have been eating the gelatin in broth and added to juice and I do see a difference in my hair and nail quality as well as my satiety.

The area in which I am slipping is bringing juice to bed with me so that I have something to sip when I wake up in the night. I'm still waking up at about 2;30 or so, but lately it seems dog-related. Hopefully, we can change some routines so the dogs will sleep through the night and not bug us. But when I woke up last night at 2;30 I was starving. I drank a glass of water and went back to sleep, fortunately. But I did have a slip up last night. A friend and I went riding, then had a glass of wine or two (three?) and I had a couple Girl Scout cookies. Now I know it's not the end of the world, but if that keeps happening, I'm not going to lose weight.

So here's my new, new commitment. I'm going to ride my horse every day at lunch, or later if I have a meeting, and I am also going to walk my dog in the mornings from now on--especially now that it's getting warmer. I also am going to do situps every day and pushups every other day. That will do for now. I'll have to step it up later, but baby steps are required. None of these are particularly hard for me, it's just about getting organized.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck - Girl Scout Cookies are the hardest to resist -- on to the next blog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, someone is stealing my Anonymous status! LOL, seriously, I did not post the one above. But this is Nancy, and of course GS cookies are the most difficult and I gave myself the excuse that they are only available one time per year, yada, yada.
    As for the exercise routine, best of luck. I too realize that I am capable and would have time in each day to do exercise, but I find that I am the type of person that has to really set aside a time or plan for it, like a meeting. I am a calendar girl. So, my commitment this week to you is to set up a exercise routine in writing that I plan to follow for the month of March. baby steps. Mine is going to have walking, yoga, stationary bike, exercise tape and weights. Not everyday, but if I plan it in a calendar form, I think I can mix and match. I just told Ralph this morning that I put 2 pounds back on too. But, I am happy about the progress I have made and know that it is not enough but a start. It is coming to be spring and we need to kick it in high gear girl. We can do this. I am proud of you for getting your eating under control and exploring new ways to feed your body. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete