Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Blubber Blahs

There's something about being overweight that creates not just a physical lethargy, but an emotional one too. Funny thing, the best cure for both is a good bit of exercise. Something I am always loath to do when the blahs set in.

The meds have definitely been helping. I have been able to face herding three distracted children, keep the kitchen relatively clean, make three meals a day and still get lots of projects done outside. What I haven't been able to do is get a little "me" time, which is so valuable when trying to lose weight.

And now here it is Monday morning, and it's crucial that I get together a shopping list for the week, complete with meal plan. I had blahs for several hours this morning, so I laid-abed reading a cheery book and eating a cheese sandwich (yikes!).

So I'll be using my trusty blog to help me do my planning. Now that Tim is up to his eyebrows in handyman work for the summer (busy through June for sure), I need to also make sure the food satisifies his larger appetite (he continues to lose weight and weighed in recently at 168 -- although he's up to 174 again now).

Monday
Lunch: Leftover pasta salad with watermelon
Dinner: Salmon, salad, and asparagus (from Mom and Dad's garden).

Tuesday
Breakfast: Salmon & asparagus frittata and fruit on the side
Lunch: Cottage cheese, fruit and veggie salad
Dinner: Hamburgers (no bun) with veggie salad and grilled potatoes

Wednesday
Breakfast: Cottage cheese, fruit and a piece of sourdough toast
Lunch: leftover frittata and veggies with watermelon
Dinner: Roast chicken on the grill, snow peas and potatoes

Thursday:
Breakfast: 2 eggs and fruit
Lunch: open-faced turkey and cheese sandwich with veggies and hummus
Dinner: Venison steaks on the grill, asparagus and potatoes

Friday
Breakfast: 2 eggs and fruit
Lunch: yogurt and fruit and veggies with hummus
Dinner: Fish and baked fries and vegetable salad

That's all for now. I'll plan the weekend on Thursday or so. Now I'm off to ride my horse, which never fails to dispel the Blubber Blahs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    Long time no post...I must apologize. Now that I see that you are doing your food journal on the blog, I will be here more often to make comments. You did a great job meal planing for the week. My question is are you having/planing snacks? From experience, as people start to heal I find that most need to eat snacks to keep their blood sugar stable and to prevent overeating at meal time. Just a thought that might help you get through your day on a better note...without some many blahs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracie. I usually am so busy that I typically haven't had many snacks. I've never been very good at snacking, but perhaps that's why I'm struggling. I will start to carry an apple and some cheese when I'm going somewhere in the afternoon. And perhaps some fruit and yogurt and a hunk of chicken.

    ReplyDelete