Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yay for Armour!

Well, I finally made it to my doctor and was so thrilled to get a prescription finally to address my low thyroid. I've been feeling so tired lately, constantly slightly depressed, having insomnia, dry skin around my ears and back (yuk) and a pretty low temperature, that I knew I was having trouble. Also the fact that, while not perfect, I have been doing better on my weight loss efforts and the scale is barely budging.

I'm taking Armour thyroid, a natural thyroid replacer. My sister takes synthroid (synthetic) and has been for 20 years. She recently lost almost 100 pounds and is running the 1/2 Madison Marathon this weekend. I'm so proud of her.

I just love summer menus, don't you? Since I was out and about last night, the kids had pesto pasta with green peas in it (I also add spinach and zucchini puree to it for a boost in vitamins). I was out with the girls and had 3 drinks and a glass of wine over 4 hours! We also had some shrimp, feta cheese and sundried tomatoes and two thin-crust pizzas. Not the healthiest, but I'm back on the wagon today. This morning I had cottage cheese with blackberries, rapsberries and strawberries. For lunch, I'm havin a little leftover pesto pasta (just a bit) and some sugar snap peas and chicken breast (about 2 oz). For dinner I'm having grilled chicken, sweet potato fries and broccolini. I'll probably also grill some tomatoes (I love that!)

I'm waiting for Tracie to weigh in on my food journal to see if I'm doing better.

3 comments:

  1. I also love summer menus. In fact, I just cut up some tomatoes, and added a few things with it to make my lunch. I am going to share it on my blog entry later today.
    I have been going through insomnia like yourself. I think my problem could be the fact that my daughter just graduated on Sunday from college though. Hope you feel better soon.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, glad to hear you are feeling good. Hope is a big thing and I am happy to hear you are finding it! I lose touch with hope alot and this time in my weight loss, I definately have not been hopeful like in the past years. (Nancy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope is so important to losing weight. Otherwise, you always shrug and say "why bother" instead of making the hard choice. The other issue is finding out what you think about when you think about losing weight. I realize that for a long time, I just thought of myself as the fat person. A thin Lisa just had disappeared in my imagination.

    ReplyDelete