Tuesday, May 5, 2009

New Choices for May

My friend Nancy and I share May as a birthday month. We're both going to think of one healthy habit to engage in for the entire month that puts our health first. While she's thinking, I've come up with mine!

I'm going to buy our dinner daily or almost daily. We have the same thing for breakfast here: I have two eggs in an organic tortilla with a tiny bit of cheese and some veggies and the kids have cereal and milk with bananas or yogurt and fruit. So I keep that on hand. I also have a sandwich (one piece of bread) for lunch most days, so I keep those supplies on hand. But for dinner, I've been eating out of the fridge and so often nothing I have matches. I have celery, but nothing to stuff it with or to cook it with (I can't stand raw celery-too blah). Sometimes i do use it in soup, but often I don't have enough soup fixings. I have a beautiful bunch of organic, local spinach that needs to be eaten, but nothing to cook it with (I'm remedying that today). So to prevent foods from going to waste, I'm going to shop more often and eat it while it's fresh!

Any other suggestions on healthy changes to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment