Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Best dinner ever!

I love it when it's high fresh food season! Tim and I had the greatest dinner on Thursday night as follows:

Roasted free range chicken breasts with organic lemon pepper seasoning, salt and a speck of butter.
Sauteed spring greens in onions and red peppers
Steamed asparagus with salt, pepper and a tiny drizzle of hazelnut oil.

It was so delicious. Then, last night I had a similarly terrific dinner with free-range chicken breasts grilled with herbs and a huge salad of mesclun greens and buttercrunch greens with radishes, steamed broccoli and purple young onions -- all from our garden. I also sliced some organic tomatoes on top. Tim and the kids had brats, but I was thrilled with my chicken. For dessert we had some all natural ice cream (Hagen Daz) and some strawberries from our garden. Yummmy! I just had a little ice cream, but it was the perfect ending. I felt so great. I had one glass of wine and some lemon water. It was a great dinner. The kids were busy with happy chatter to their Dad and I, we all loved what we were eating and no one felt yukky after dinner from eating too much. The kids tried the salad and although it was a bit different than an iceberg lettuce salad with a ton of dressing, they still liked it a bit.

My latest happy discovery is Pellegrino water. I just love it. When I feel like a soda, I just buy that instead and I'm always happy and refreshed.

I'm finding that I'm feeling really good lately. I can tell my stomach is getting smaller and I'm definitely having more energy. I played soccer last night with Colin (he's pretty impressed with my scoring ability), and ran all over the backyard. I dasn't step on a scale because I'm starting to do the hop-on-hop-off thing and that can get hairy. I did have to wear a bathing suit on a boat on Sunday and it was scary. I have a pretty full-coverage suit and a large coverup. I always remember feeling that my legs were my best asset if I covered up everything else. I want to feel more comfortable in a suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment