Saturday, June 27, 2009

Retreat menu/party fun!



It's taken me a few days, but here's the menu from my retreat with Tracie:

Start up: 8 a.m. Warm chai tea with milk and a little coconut oil (This is kind of like having a smoothie, but cozier).

Breakfast: 9:30 a.m. An egg and some watermelon

Snack: 11 a.m. carrot salad

Lunch: 12:30 p.m. Veggie broth soup and watermelon

Snack: 2:30 p.m. egg custard with raspberry sauce

Dinner: 5 p.m. (this was on my own) Chicken breast with a sauteed mesclun salad topped with onions and fresh strawberries and a little olive oil and raspberry vinegar.

I went to the best birthday party last night: my friend Patti's 50th and all of her appetizers were from the 50s. The food was fun (gherkins rolled around coldcuts that had been smeared with cream cheese, wieners wrapped in croissant dough "pigs in a blanket" and cheese whiz and green olives on Ritz crackers), but it was also a showcase of how food got "bad" right about 1959. The snack was a bunch of Hostess cupcakes, Twinkies and Hohos. We drank Harvey Wallbangers (o.j., vodka and Galliano) and Cosmos.

I had a couple of everything, but fortunately it all tasted so bad, my favorite treat was the cucumber slices and the fruit Kabobs with really yummy pineapple and watermelon.

We did have a terrific time dressing up. My expensive beehive fell before the party even started and my friend Tori saved the day by pinning it up.

I hope you like the photos. The one on the left are two very good friends who love to dress up (and do a good job) and the one on the right is my "greaser" guy, Tim.

3 comments:

  1. That party looks like it was a blast! What a cute hubby you have! (Nancy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so diet alone is not doing it, so I finally started back at the gym and have gone 4 days in a row. Off again tomorrow. (Nancy)

    ReplyDelete