Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day Two with the kids back. Kids 2, Lisa 0.

OK, I think I've figured out what the source of the problem is. The kids sap so much of my time that I'm eating on the run a lot. Here it is almost 10 p.m. and I have to sit and wonder what I ate today because I did not take the time to write it all down. Hmmmm.

OK. For breakfast I had two oranges and a banana. For lunch, I had a plain ham sandwich (2 oz. ham) and bread. Also some chips leftover from the kids (bad, I know). This afternoon I was again at the grocery store in the afternoon, on the fly to pick up some chicken for dinner and I did grab some chicken at the deli to eat. Oh my God. I could hear all of you shouting: Nooooo! Don't go there. Walk away. Walk away you fat b*tch. But I didn't care. The bad Lisa was in control.

I straightened out on the ride home. Tim and Izzy went to a movie for Daddy-daughter time. I told myself I had maxed out my points for the day without even getting near any vegetables, so I had some vegetable soup at dinner and just fixed Eden and Colin leftovers from the night before (make your own Taco salad) but put them in a tortilla. We went upstairs to get me out of the kitchen and watched Harry Potter. We had low-fat pudding for dessert.

The bad news: I went 10 points over my daily allowance. The good news: I am still well within my spare 32 points for the week. I have another 20.5 points to burn over the next week. The key to that working is that I have to be good and get my exercise in this week. Today was tough as I was super busy with work and kids and snow, so I didn't cram it in. Tim was gone tonight, so I couldn't go to the gym. I did get outside a bit and hiked around with the horses some. But not enough. I hate feeling out of breath when I climb the stairs.

I think to remotivate myself, I want to focus on how I WANT to feel, instead of just focusing on what I don't want. Here goes: I want to feel my stomach in the same place when I roll over.  I want to feel excited to shop for clothes. I want to feel great in a pair of jeans. I want to wear a swimming suit and feel comfortable. I want to run and play with the kids and feel great while I'm doing it. I want to think about travel, books and writing rather than how fat I feel, what should I eat and why don't I feel good.

How about you guys?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a day you had. What really inspires me is that you made the time for yourself even though it was really hard. Even better is that you found a way to focus on how you want to feel. I just came across a new program Mind Body FX Lifestyle (that complements any other weight management program) by Melonie Dodaro. It's all about your mindset and how important it is to focus on how you want to feel and to keep choosing actions that support how you want to feel. You're doing that! Congratulations. Helps keep me on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a busy day! Sometimes we really cant stop ourselves from binging. Its ok if you manage to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete