Monday, January 19, 2009

Baby Steps, Baby Steps

Ok. The bummer that was the week I only lost .2 pounds is over and now I'm ready to kick some ass--mostly my own. So at my dinner party last night, I cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts with lemon, herbs and white wine. I made a huge salad with tons of veggies for the vegetable and I also made potatoes for those who needed the carbs. Edamame was the appetizer and it as a huge hit. The sad part is that we had turtle sundaes for dessert (a friend bought), but I did a good job by just using my frozen yogurt instead and only put a dab of sauce and some nuts on top.

Today I had a major McDonalds craving even though all the food there tastes the same—bad. So I didn't have any, although I did have a diet soda. Then I had grabbed a salad at Willy Street Coop since I was on the run unexpectedly later. Not bad!

I also promise not to overindulge in celebration tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I am having the problem of others bringing food too. Yesterday, we made beer (brewing our own) and friends brought over breads and cookies to go with my low cal chili. Then today is a party for Obama and then tomorrow night is my monthly womens group and it is a chocolate party...etc. I need to listen to you and get on full board and kick some ass too! I always give in to temptations and I am struggling. I list of advice for you, but truthfully, I need to grab on and not stop until I am at a healthy weight. My weight is important to me now for so many reasons. Mainly, my health. Way to go Lisa by keeping strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is Woodrow? That was Nancy posting, not sure what happened!

    ReplyDelete