Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just say no

I am interested to see how I do next week when we don't have the kids. The complaining and whining about the food I make that is more healthy is starting to get to me. We did have spaghetti with meatballs last night using lo-fat turkey meatballs, fat free sauce and whole wheat pasta, but there was a bit of crabbing about the vegetables in the sauce. I made them strawberry shakes for dessert with lo-fat ice cream, skim milk, fat free strawberry yogurt and strawberries and a scoop of this vitamin powder supplement. They loooooved it and totally didn't know they had the supplement in the shake. Yay!

I had one too that was fat free chocolate frozen yogurt with vitamin supplement. Kind of a lot of calories at the end of the day, so I'm going to start doing that particular item instead of a meal or with a side of veggies.

It's a wind-chill-advisory day off school, so this post is short. As I've told many, beating children can be a good workout (kidding)! They want cheese and crackers for supper tonight with some sparkling grape juice we got to celebrate New Year's, but forgot to drink. I'll have a Lean Cuisine or a shake instead.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for the shake! My kids love shakes and they would never know. What is the supplement called?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Reliv. There's one for kids and another for adults.

    ReplyDelete