Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Weigh In

Well, it's only been four days, but I have lost one righteous pound. Not as much as I'd hoped, but I'll take it.

Last night was not a stellar night. My fiance and his kids love pizza. They beg for it. And, even though I don't love pizza, I can't resist the smell. So we ordered from Pizza Hut and I had 3 pieces (301 cal for pepperoni hand-tossed slice, 250 for vegetable hand-tossed slice x 2). Then we went out with some friends and I had three glasses of wine. I kept the wine to a minimum for three hours out with friends, but I probably could have stuck to two. Fortunately I was great at breakfast with fruit and whole wheat English Muffin and lunch when I had a Lean Cuisine hot sandwich. So I only went over about 400 calories. Believe me, I've done much worse on a 'bad" night. So live and learn. I can order salad at Pizza Hut or have a Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers pizza instead.

The other hard part is that I wake up starving every day! This morning I nearly felt ill I was so hungry. I had a huge glass of water and it went away. Now I'm contemplating making oatmeal with fresh blueberries. Yum. A much better choice than I would have made while starving.

Today I'm going to the Madison Wedding Expo with Tori, my maid of honor and one of my best pals. I plan to eat a huge salad in advance so I'm not hungry because the cake pushers will be there with their delectable "bites" which are really about four bites. As you've already learned, I'm not great at resistance right now. Constant vigilance!

I'll post my menu later today.

3 comments:

  1. I went to the grocery and bought a week's worth of food for healthy recipes I found in the book "YOU on a Diet". Well, my problem is that by the time I get home I am super hungry and not in the mood to start cooking a long meal. We then had friends do a pop by right around 5 p.m. and I didn't want to cook one of my "healthy-boring" meals, so we ordered a pizza and I ate it and had beer that they brought. Also, they showed up with chips and salsa. Well, I made a list of 3 things I would not eat/buy and chips was one of them on the list. When given the opportunity, I can not resist. Oprah had suggested to give up 3 things, mine are chips, crackers and fried foods. I rarely have desserts in the house. I am a salt craver. But, I too have the same problem and am not sure how to deal with friends and family wanting the pizza and other stuff. I know that if I do not eat before I am starved, I reach for the easy stuff and that is usually not what I am supposed to be having. Oh, I didn't mention that I hurt my knee last week (or did I?) anyway, I am off to a slow start on the exercise. Better days are ahead for us Lisa, better days! Remember that we can bounce back on track (they call it a U-turn in the book). We are always capable of making a U-turn after we indulge unnecessarily. Keep up the good work! One pound is great. Please do me a favor...I really really believe in this. Measure your waist and go by that as well, because that is sometimes more important and accurate than the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I'll measure my waist as soon as I find my tape measure and post it in my stats area above. I'll keep track. What is your waist measurement?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not so sure I want to admit my waist measurement. But, here it goes...40 inches. I used to be 32 inches when in Madison before 2 children. I would like to get back to 35 inches or less.

    ReplyDelete