Monday, January 12, 2009

Menu for First Full Week

Well, I meant to put the Menu for this week up last night, but unfortunately, I was exhausted after attending my first wedding expo as a bride. Luckily, my totally trusted gal pal Tori came with me and ran interference. But, unfortunately, she also revealed her true calling in life, which is as a cake pusher. She made me try more cake bits! I tried to throw part of each bite away. It's hard! We did have some nice low-cal shrimp cocktail and fruit for a snack, but the cake did me in.

Congratulations to my brother for losing 11 pounds in four days by "eating less than Ghandi did."

Thank you to Sue for my Christmas gift of a "Cooking Light" magazine subscription! That will make menus easier to prepare. Here's my repair week menu as follows:

Monday
B: Fiber cereal S1: Apple L: 1/2 PB sand, celery, carrots S2: Pretzels and mustard D: turkey, potatoes and broccoli

Tuesday
B: Pineapple and cott. ch. S1: 1/2 bagel w/honey L: Lentil and veggie soup, 1/2 bagel S2: Pretzels D: Grilled chicken and pineapple, green beans, small salad

Wednesday
B: fiber cereal S1: Orange L: Salad w/chicken S2: Pretzels and mustard D: Lo-fat Chicen tortilla casserole

Thursday
B; Fruit and cottage cheese S1 1/2 bagel L: Lentil and veggie soup 1/2 bagel S2 Pretzels and mustard D: Salmon, spinach and brown rice

Friday
B: Egg omelette w/mushrooms S1 Orange L: Salad w/chicken, walnuts and apple S2 Pretzels and mustard D: Pizza for kids/Lean cuisine pizza for me.

Saturday
B: lo-fat stuffed french toast w/blueberries S1: Orange L: Soup w/ 1/2 veggie sand S2 Popcorn
D Make your own stuffed potatoes

Sunday
B: omelette S1: Fruit salad L: Soup w/ 1/2 sand S2: nuts D: Venison, mashed "potatoes" (cauliflower puree mixed in) and broccoli.

5 comments:

  1. I like your menu plan - but I have to say, and this is only out of pure support for you - the pretzel snacks make me worry. You're doing so well the rest of the day, and then BOOM you raise your glycemic index through the roof. I know the calories in pretzels are pretty low, but that glucose swing is tricky. Maybe carrot chips with hummus? Apple and peanut butter? Edamame? I don't want to sound preachy, I am TRULY just trying to help. Look at this link if you get a chance and compare pretzels to some other possibilities: http://www.carbs-information.com/glycemic-index-food-chart.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann. I'm going to try all three of those tricks. I completely appreciate support and will change my menu to incorporate those in my menu since I totally agree. See, I have a lot to learn from you skinny xitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you took that suggestion like a real grown up. I think that bodes well for your weight loss potential. It might embolden me to make more annoying suggestions down the road...

    ReplyDelete
  4. An idea I got from Dr. Oz is to pick one meal per day (either it be breakfast or lunch) and make it the same everyday. For some, this might not work. But, I am going to try it once I find the one meal that really suits me and that is low-fat, low-carb, etc. and give it a go. Less planning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have a weakness of not writing down what I am eating. I don't tend to have a regular snack time in afternoon either. So, I think I am having too many snacks even if they are good ones. Today, I had carrots with hummus, mozz. light cheese stick, and almonds (all spread out in the afternoon). That is my weak time. I made a soup tonight that made you feel like you were trying to be super healthy, but now after dinner, I feel really full. During the meal, I wasn't excited, but was glad I was on the right track. The soup is onion, garlic, red pepper, carrot, tomatoes, cabbage and chicken broth. The cabbage is what says diet all over it. Again, I would not be serving for company, but did make me feel good to eat. I have the cooking light magazine coming too. Let me know which recipes are cooking light if you can.

    ReplyDelete