Saturday, January 24, 2009

Woo-hoo!

I lost 2 pounds this week and I'm thrilled! It's not much, but it's a real move in the right direction!

Last night Tim and I went out for fish and I discovered that one of my challenges will be not to feel like I must 'treat' myself with food when I feel a little down. I had some bluegill and a baked potato and salad. I didn't eat all of anything.

For lunch yesterday, I had a sub sandwich on the go and some pretzels (not enough veggies!). For breakfast I had fruit and cottage cheese.

Tonight, we are having friends over for cards, and I am making fajitas with shrimp and chicken so people can make their own -- I'll set up a little buffet. I'm going to have a big salad for lunch with only veggies to make up for the fish fry last night -- even though I only had a little, it was still fried. They didn't have anything that wasn't! Still, I could have just had a potato and salad, but I'm not quite there yet.

Great day anyhow! I'm more motivated than ever.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing so great!!! A couple more weeks like that and you'll really be able to feel it in your clothes.

    And I'm not kidding about the no-carb dinners. (be prepared for me to harp on this for the next 40 weeks) There's something about having even a little so close to when you sleep...your body wants to store it all. Like last night, fish and salad would have been better than having a potato. And tonight, you can pig out on the fajita fillings, but skip the tortilla. Even one tortilla that late in the day will trigger something in your body to hang on to all those calories. I'm just saying.

    And really, congratulations on your progress so far. At this rate you will be so skinny and smokin' hot on your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete