Friday, February 6, 2009

Another "Doin' Good" day

I met with my nutritionist, Tracie, yesterday, and after only three days on my new way of eating, she could really tell the difference in my energy level. More important to me, I could really tell the difference. I felt energetic and healthy. Of course, I still feel too heavy to be really energetic, but the difference is amazing. The other great aspect is that I really feel as if I'm feeding myself really great foods.

Today, I had some cheese and pineapple for breakfast. A bit of a trend actually, because last night Tim and I had a picnic in bed with a glass of wine, cheese and apple slices for supper while we watched "Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe." I never get sick of watching that movie. It was really light and I find I like eating light for dinner. For lunch, I had some hummus and vegetables and some cottage cheese. I'm going to make venison soup for dinner tonight or fish. Haven't yet decided.

I'm also going to ride my horse today and I vow to do a lot of cantering, something I haven't done much lately. Trotting is actually more work in the long-run, except on Titan whose canter is like riding a rollicking bull.

3 comments:

  1. I am losing steam and I am not sure why. There are so many great changes in my life and so many things I am still disappointed about (especially that the weight that I am working on losing now is the weight I gained between November and January) We took a 5 mile hike today thru trails and it was hard on my knees. My PT has changed my arch support to help my ankle which has re-aligned my knees. Anyway, it was great weather here today (too hot) and I put on a lighter pair of pants that I have not worn in awhile and of course they barely fit. They really would not be a pair that I would wear in public now. Which was not rewarding. My waist has gone done 2 inches but not much pounds off the scale. I am still cheating on food on weekends. I am very proud of you Lisa. It is hard and I am having trouble sticking to it. I stopped eating rice and other starches with my dinners and replaced it with salad. What did the nutritionist say you should be eating daily? Did she give you calories, or types of foods to eat, or portions or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, read today's post. I found that I was never satisfied when I didn't get fat in my diet -- the right fat. I feel so much better. This seems so easy, but it does take some thinking. You have to read labels. Avoid anything processed. Here's what I do. I go through the produce department and buy any fruits and veggies I want (except not too many bananas or mangoes). Then I go through the meats and buy one meat for every dinner and perhaps enough for a little leftover for lunch. Then I buy milk products -- whole or 2 percent milk, cottage cheese (not lowfat!), organic plain yogurt, sour cream that's only milk -- no chemicals, natural cheese and then rice and sourdough bread. Have one piece of bread with dinner and put butter on it if you aren't having any other fat. Skip the salads because they aren't satisfying you. Think color. Have lots of veggies with color -- carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, spinach, broccoli. I try to have them in season, so right now that's beets, turnips, sweet potatoes. Pears, apples and citrus are in season now (apples can be kept through February from fall). Pumpkin and squash are also good. Try it, it will work!

    ReplyDelete