Thursday, February 26, 2009

Finally having fun!

Two months ago, I dreaded each day of "dieting." It seemed like a punishment and as if I was opening myself up for criticism from my skinny friends. But the truth is, I'm having a ton of fun. Finally! I've been getting really creative with my menu planning. Last night I made a protein and vegetable jumbalaya for the kids that was really healthy and a little spicy and, for the most part, they ate it all! I think at first it was weird for them, but now they like it. Colin, the 9-year-old, even asked to help make meals, which I think is a pretty big milestone.

Of course, the area that I still need to step up my game is exercise. I'm going to get going on that again today. I'm hearing a little grumbling from Tim about my lack of participation in exercising the dogs. Of course, these are crazy, circling dogs that constantly put me in danger of falling. At first, like dieting, it won't be fun. But I assume that if I get them straightened out and focused on the proper way to behave and good choices, they'll enjoy the walk and then so will I!

Yesterday, I was gone all day, yet still did pretty good on food. I had a smoothie with yogurt, whole milk and fruit for breakfast. Then cheese and pea pods for a snack. I had some chicken bits at the food store for lunch--not great, but not horrible--and then some plain chicken and pea pods for a snack. As you already read, vegetable, chicken and chicken sausage with rice for dinner. No naughty snacks, so that's good!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment