Sunday, February 15, 2009

Back in the saddle

Well, last night I was very ill and threw up all night. So much for water weight anyway. Today I feel a little better, although still headachy (I think I had a migraine-- bad headache and nausea). Today I was too ill to eat in the morning, other than a dry piece of toast. For lunch I had risotto that had broccoli, carrot, sweetpotato puree in it (hiding vitamins from the kids). It was great! I didn't eat much because I felt illish, but felt it was at least healthy.

Tonight I am going to a family dinner. For the first time, many members of my family are losing weight or have recently lost weight, so we are all having healthy foods. I was asked to bring brownies, ice cream and chocolate sauce for the kids to eat. But I'm fooling them. I have Jessica Seinfeld's book, Deceptively Delicious, and I'm making a brownie recipe from that (here it is). It has 133 calories per square, which is pretty good. But the kicker is that it has carrot and spinach puree in it and a dietary fiber content of 3 grams. The nutritionist associated with that book gave it a thumbs up as it means kids are getting even more vitamins than they will know (you cannot taste the purees in it, believe me), and they aren't getting loads of fat. It called for the healthy balance spread, but I used butter. I did add butterscotch morsels to one of the batches (I made two, and I'll freeze the leftovers for kids).

My sister is making a turkey breast, my sister a corn dish, another a big salad, and my mom is bringing angel food cake with strawberries and something else. I'm planning on eating the turkey and salad and a vegetable that looks healthy. For dessert I'm going to have some of the ice cream that's on my diet and strawberries. If I feel full, just strawberries.

I'll figure this out. And Ann, I did buy some of the organic diet dinners -- chicken and succotash, beef tips and sweet potatoes and broccoli, etc. -- so I am going to start having those for lunch. It will definitely be better now that the kids are leaving for the week. And I might be bloated because it's about time for that time, if you know what I mean. But I'm going to check my scale and reweigh tomorrow, which is my real weigh in date. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment