Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wahoo!

Well, this is probably the best couple days I've had on my road to being a skinny bride.

1) I have now had 48 hours of perfect eating. And I do mean perfect. For those of you who haven't read my comment after yesterday's post, I had a chicken salad sandwich for lunch made with roasted chicken and sourdough bread as my nutritionist suggested. For dinner I had beets with a little orange juice squeezed in and some grated ginger (delish!), broccoli dry-sauteed in an iron skillet, and lean, grass-fed steak and onions. This morning I had pineapple and blueberries for breakfast. I am not hungry at all and my cravings are gone! It's weird, but good.

2) I got off my butt yesterday! Tim and I went for an hour-long hike up the hills behind our house. It was beautiful. We took in the sunset and had our dogs along. It was so beautiful. Even though it was only 13 degrees, I had no problem staying warm as we hiked. I wore my heaviest boots--these tall riding boots meant for winter--and so my legs are a little sore today. But I feel so good!

3) I proactively sought to rid myself of a brief bout of blues by visiting some of my Happy Places (Penzey's spices, Whole Foods, Borders) and brought Tim along to enjoy my little world. We had a great time. I'll tell you, when you are happy, you feel better. And when you feel better, you take action that is very positive.

Here's a few of my other Happy Places. I hope everyone shares theirs! The hilltop behind my house, Williams Sonoma, the roads around Holy Hill, my mom's garden in summer, anywhere atop my horse, the rustic road on the way to Aldo Leopold's shack east of Baraboo, the Statz cottage in Manitowish Waters, the Madison School Forest southwest of Verona, the antique mall on Odana Road, in the woods near Devil's Lake, Parfrey's Glen, the Flower Factory in Stoughton, Butchart Gardens in British Columbia, anywhere with my nieces and nephews, a shady spot in summer in the Highlands reading a book, the Cookbook section of any bookstore, on a boat in any lake, in the woods on the bike path west of the Lussier Center, St. John's Cemetery in Waunakee, the windy roads north of Mount Horeb and southwest and southeast of Black Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment