Saturday, February 21, 2009

Creatively lazy

Being creative has its pluses and minuses. On the positive side, I'm pretty good at changing a recipe so that it fits what I'm supposed to eat. The other night I made a lamb recipe and used goat cheese and vegetable puree as the stuffing instead of the breading called for. It was so yummy and the cheese with vegetables had a great consistency!

On the other hand, I can look at a crappy hot dog in a bun or a Fish Fry and imagine that it somehow fits into my diet just by using my amazing powers of persuasion. Sad! So, yesterday I had a hot dog -- again in a pinch -- and went out with my fiance for Fish Fry at this terrific dive restaurant in Belleville. I had hoped they'd have baked fish and baked potato, but no luck. I should have called ahead. Still, it wasn't a huge plate and I'm back in the saddle today. Cottage cheese and apple for breakfast.

My creative juices really ramp up when it comes to exercise. I can convince myself that 18 degrees and snowy means there's a good excuse for not exercising. Really, Lisa! Get on the stick. Tim is outside right now snowshoeing with the dogs on the hill behind our house.

I'd love ideas on how to be more motivated about getting outside. But I already know the answer courtesy of Nike (I think it's Nike): Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment